1) E Crowfoot, F. Pritchard, K Staniland, Textiles and Clothing c. 1150-c.1450 : Medieval Finds from Excavations in London; Museum of London, HMSO: London, 1992. (Information from G. Parry and J. Fielder.)
2) M. Kinoshita, Nihon Kumihimo Ko Giho no Kenkyu = Study of Archaic Braiding Techniques of Japan, Kyoto-shi: Kyoto Shoin, 1994.
3) L-M Bric News No. 1, March 1998.
4) T. Kanomi, Shinwa no Hitobito = People of Myth, Kyoto: Shikosha, 1991.
5) Speiser, N., Old English Pattern Books for Loop Braiding, Arboldswil, Switzerland, Privately published, 2000.
6) Speiser, N., The Manual of Braiding, Basel, Switzerland, Privately published, 1983, 2nd. ed. 1986.
7) Japanese historical records so far found on L-M techniques are from the late 18th to early 19th centuries and exclusively on hand-held methods.